Today, I am here to share with you a Genuinely Jane Studios NEW release wooden book. It’s the apple cut out book, 6 x 6 inches. My first thought was to do an album of a trip to the apple orchard in it. HOLD the phone, we never made it to the apple orchard last year…so NO photos…sigh… Which lead to my master plan. A juicy tidbits book. Since, Sam and Ben love jokes and puns. This is what I came up with.
Let’s get to the 411…
1. Took the book cover with the cut out of the apple and I traced it on some card stock.
2. Draw the faces on the apples. Painted them and cut them out. Now, if you are saying BUT I can’t draw like that….first, I challenge you to give it a try. If your inner critic is saying you can’t use them. Then, just paint them up fun or have your kids paint them.
3. Gessoed all the pages. You could also just cover them with scrapbook paper too.
4. Did a wash of watercolor (I used Derwent Inktense because once dry they are permanent) but you could use acrylics too (just water them down a little).
5. Stenciled the pages ( I used TCW mini Quatrefoil and TCW Coral)
6. Added washi tape, doodles (with a ballpoint pen) and painted in some details.
7. Glued down the apples and sayings that I printed of the computer.
8. on the front cover, I used some die cut letters. I put strips of the washi tape down on card stock then cut them out.
9. sealed all the pages with a matte sealer
I think this book would be fun filled with apple orchard photos or recipes of apple goodness. Hope you enjoyed my Juicy Tidbits book.
Thanks for stopping in. Until next time…Be Happy and SHINE