Hello everyone, I’m here with a new project using the Triangle book from GJS. I wanted to do a project that I could hang on my wall (in my studio) to remind me of my word of the year. My word this year is focus.
Okay, here is the 411 on my project.
1. Covered each triangle with random bits of paper. I love to use my boys old school work and book pages.
2. Gesso over each triangle.
3. Used 3 colors of acrylics to paint the triangles.
4. Used 2 stencils. One with black paint and one with white paint.
5. I drew and painted a swan (but you could use clip art or anything else you want for your image).
6. I took all 4 triangles and put them in a row. I laid my swan (image) on top of the row of triangles to find out the place to cut the swan apart to put on each page.
7. I glued the swan parts down with gel medium.
8. Printed off my words on the computer, cut, colored and glued them down.
9. I took a permeant ball point pen and added in small details and doodles.
10. I then used a spray to seal it.
I know you are thinking! How am I going to hang this on my wall? I use Command Poster Strips. Works like a charm. One of the things, I love about these books is they are light weight but so sturdy. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping in!
2 thoughts on “GJS- Triangle wooden book”
How beautiful. I love the colours. Lots of steps went into this and it’s such a beauty.
Gorgeous!! Love the colors!